WHAT GlyphEd DOES
GlyphEd™ IS DATA VISUALIZATION SOFTWARE
FOR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT:
The first tool that allows you to holistically explore the applicant:
- A new way to interact with data, discover insights, make informed decisions.
- Benefit from – don’t be overwhelmed by – your Enrollment Management data.
- Speed time to decision making across Enrollment Management.
Best of all, GlyphEd™ complements your existing IT and data visualization investments.
GlyphEd™ IS DESIGNED TO
INTEGRATE WITH YOUR EXISTING IT INFRASTRUCTURE
Increasing Objectivity of Decision Making
- See the total population compared side by side in the same environment
- Remove / reduce potential bias of different humans reviewing different applicants
Achieving University / College Objectives
- See the impact of admissions decisions on key areas of interest to the University / College
- Conduct rapid scenario analyses to understand how decisions may / may not achieve goals
Optimizing Admissions Decisions for the Long-Term
- Beyond just “this enrollment season” use the tool to visualize and assess admitted students
- Refine the profile of the targeted admit to achieve University / College’s long term objectives
Enabling Applicant / Enrollee Self-Assessment / Self-Improvement
- Allow applicants (and possibly enrollees) to visualize their profile vs the targeted admit profile
- Enable personal improvement – further driving admits towards the desired objectives
Improving Alumni Employment Success
- Provide a view of graduating student profiles to prospective employers, assisting prospective employers with hiring decisions
- Strengthen relationship with employers – and increase the success rate of alumni employment
WHO ARE THE USERS?
ACCELERATE AND IMPROVE INFORMED DECISION MAKING
Anyone in Enrollment Management that seeks to holistically understand applicants.
In a single graphical / visual representation (i.e., on one computer screen), GlyphEd™ will present applicant data related to academics, extracurricular, and personal information – for a cross section of applicants.
The target user group falls within the Enrollment Management (EM) function of colleges and universities. Users will include: Admissions Officers, Financial Aid Counselors, Recruiters, EM leadership, Pre-college programs and communications.
GlyphEd™ is designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Enrollment Management personnel – ultimately reducing the amount of time spent reviewing the significant breadth and depth of data needed to make decisions:
- Academics: GPA, Rank, SAT, AP Courses
- Extracurricular: Athletics, Service, Leadership
- Personal: Essays, Recommendations, Legacy Status
HELPING YOU BENEFIT FROM THE BREADTH OF ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT DATA THAT YOU ALREADY COLLECT
Accelerate fit assessment
Increase efficiency of Reader
Decrease potential bias
Improve class / cohort composition
Strategically build and achieve enrollment objectives
Strategically target aid
GlyphEd ALREADY HAS DATA VIZ
GIVE US 10 MINUTES, YOU’LL SEE GlyphEd™ IS UNIQUE – AND A COMPLEMENT TO WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE
HOLISTICALLY VISUALIZE ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT DATA
PROSPECT / APPLICANT / FINANCIAL AID FILE
Yes, you likely already have a data visualization solution to produce: bar-charts, scatter plots, and heat maps.
GlyphEd™ delivers a different capability.
GlyphEd™ provides a unique way of holistically visualizing all the data known about an applicant – allowing you to see more and know more, faster.
RATHER THAN SEEING A “DOT” ON A SCATTER PLOT,
GlyphEd™ ALLOW YOU TO SEE ALL THE DATA AVAILABLE ON THE APPLICANT.
By visualizing data in this manner, the user can accelerate understanding of the: individual, cohort, neighborhood.
You may still need your traditional data visualization solution for reports and other analyses.
GlyphEd™ can complement what you are already doing and provide the Enrollment Management Office with the capability to more quickly assess situations across Recruiting, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Retention.
HOW GLYPHED WORKS
FIND THE STARS IN YOUR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT DATA
Emily Brown, pictured below, is your best prospective student. Oddly, she graduated 48th in her class.
She also has a patent pending for a prosthetic device that she and her mom made in their garage.
GlyphEd helps you find students like Emily and ensure their success throughout their college careers.
What do we know about Emily …..and…why does she look so…strange?
Emily is currently working on 3 more devices. Two of them are already in testing. And she’s been turned down by 2 other schools.
Until now, candidates like Emily were, unfortunately, buried in your data.
GlyphEd helps you find Emily, and her pals, quickly and easily.
GlyphEd sits on top of your current systems and uses a “glyph” to help you see your Enrollment Management data faster and easier. Yes, a glyph may look strange on first glance, but it uses geometric shapes, color, and size so that you can see more of your data holistically, in a glance, about candidates like Emily including: Recruiting, Admissions, and Financial Aid with Retention coming soon.
Emily is female
How do we know? This cube tells us so.
GlyphEd translates data into meaning via geometric shapes, color, and size.
A combination of color-coded shapes, of varying sizes, gives us a full picture of what Emily does well
• Emily graduated 48th in her class of 120
• Average grades and academic performance at school
• She scored a 1580 on the SAT
• She is a go getter who takes a lot of initiative
• She’s a Math and Science Maven
• She won awards in Metal Shop and Art
◦ SHE’S AN INVENTOR
• She’s a hands-on learner who is going to be a big success
Data-mapped, interlinked cubes, cylinders, and other shapes show us more about Emily than flat charts, graphs and tables can.
You can see Emily’s Recruiting, Admissions, and Financial Aid data in context, side by side with the rest of her cohort
Emily’s stands out thanks to her ingenuity and intentions to create a positive impact. And, she’s not the only super talented, polymath buried in your data.