Best Breast Pumps for Working Moms: Every mom is a superwoman, especially a working mom. This is because a working mom has so much on her “to-do list”, she has to take care of the children, cook food, take care of the other home chores and then go to work as well. A mom who is nursing or breastfeeding the child and also goes to work may have a very hard time keeping up with the supply of breast milk when she is away. Here come the breast pumps in handy, the working moms can use the breast pump to pump the supply of breast milk while she is at work and save it for later.
With so many different options and types of breast pumps available, we have gathered top 29 breast pumps with our research and we have prepared a list of Top 29 Best Breast Pumps for Working Moms. This will help you in getting your hands on the most suitable one, without having to roam around or search for one.
Without any more wait, let’s jump right into the list of top-rated 29 breast pumps for working mothers.
List of Top 29 Best Breast Pumps for Working Moms in 2020 Reviews:
The second place on our list is taken by the Spectra Baby USA electric breast pump. It is also quite popular among the ladies due to its amazing performance. It allows you to customize the settings according to your need and the coolest thing about this breast pump is that it is a closed system so it prevents the milk from bacteria and other microbes. It even comes with advanced features such as a night light you can pump at any hour. Also, the best breast pump for working moms is travel friendly, so you can carry it to work easily without any hassle.
Item Weight: 2.47 pounds
- Closed system: It is a closed system so it keeps the milk protected from bacteria, mold, and other harmful materials.
- Adjustable settings: Every working mom may want a specific setting according to her body, so the settings of this breast pump can be adjusted according to the need.
- Rechargeable battery: This Spectra Baby USA breast pump comes with a built-in battery which is rechargeable.
- Night light and timer: It even comes with a night light so you can pump at the desired time and it also has a timer that you can adjust according to your need.
This product is IKARE’s latest innovation in the field of hospital grade breast pumps. This product is manufactured for working mothers with medical issues that might hinder breastfeeding. This pump has a strong strength suction, special programming, and wavelength to enable mothers to express the maximum amount of milk possible.
The best breast pump for working moms is available in three flange sizes i.e., 21/24/27mm, that are easy to replace and suitable for working moms who want to have the most comfortable pumping experience according to their body and physique. The anti-backflow hygienic closed system prevents the backup of milk in the tubes for easy maintenance and cleanup.
The digital timer comes with a memory function, backlight (for stress-free recording and tracking your pumping sessions), and a timer. A built-in large lithium capacity can last up to 6 expressions (2 hours) with a single charge, enough for you to use it for a whole day. The massage cushion gives a soft velvety feel to your skin for more gentle and comfortable stimulation of milk flow.
Some other advanced features of this breast pump include a full touchscreen LCD, which is a sensitive touch panel, can be clicked by one finger for a smooth, convenient operation.
Features at a Glance
- Deep-express, bionic and free-style massage models
- Built-in battery for convenient outdoor use
- It is BPA-free, pain-free and has 280mmHg suction strength
- Comes with removable cooler bag with a contoured ice pack
If you are worried about your milk flow and think it might not be enough to fulfill the demands of your baby, then buying the most highly-regarded breast pump Spectra Baby USA – S2 could be the best option for you.
This breast pump is a comparatively new brand in the market, but it is winning the hearts of many working moms due to its efficacy, quality, and cost-effectiveness. It functions on a natural nursing technology, which means that the experience of milk expressing is similar to breastfeeding or close to it. Many professional lactation experts recommend and prefer this breast pump over other expensive models such as Medela.
The Spectra Baby USA – S2 features a convenient carrying handle, weighs only 2.5 pounds, and is very compact, which makes it easy to take along to vacation, work, and even around the house. It works at only 45 decibels and gives a whisper-quiet pumping to keep your sessions discreet and unnoticeable.
Just like other high-quality products in the market, the best breast pump for working moms comes with an automatic mode to mimic a baby’s rapid suckling motion and kick-in more letdowns for the baby. The massage modes gently massages rather than expressing out milk in a forceful way. Another best thing about this pump is that it excels at pumping out more milk than other competitor brands.
Features at Glance
- Single and double pump capacity
- Built-in nightlight for late-night pumping and storing
- BPA and DEHP-free and comes with customizable settings
- Adjustable suction levels provide a natural flow of milk
This double electric breast pump from Medela has been designed wisely by keeping the convenience and comfort of mother and baby in mind. This pump is engineered with a two-phase expression technology and smart abilities to seamlessly sync with the MyMedela application.
The app feature gives you unlimited access to your customized dashboard, different breastmilk feeding resources, real-time tracking of your baby’s growth and pumping sessions, lactation guidance, and a variety of content to help you reach your breastfeeding goals. It is an excellent choice for working women as they can conveniently express-out milk several times a day and let their baby feed on it as much as they want.
The best breast pump for working moms features responsive technology for highly efficient pumping anywhere and everywhere. It is user-friendly and easy to operate, thanks to its one-touch letdown button, touchscreen display, and controlled illumination.
The Medela Sonata Smart Double Electric Breast Pump delivers a potent hospital performance with its ultra-quiet and discreet mode of working. The adjustable timer helps you balance your work schedule with constantly scheduled breastmilk pumping sessions. The two available and clinically tested pumping rhythms enables you to enjoy the most convenient and comfortable pumping experience according to your body.
This breast pump is also manufactured to boost the breastmilk feeding experience of a working mom while remitting basic pain points associated with expressing and pumping out milk. The set includes Sonata smart double electric breast pump, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, breast pump bag, double pumping kit, breast shield connectors, connector caps, valves, silicone membrane, set of tubing, 2 types of breast shields, power adapter, bottle stand and breast milk bottle with lids.
Features at a Glance
- Hospital performance in personalized use settings
- Two-phase expression technology for maximum milk expression
- Connectivity with MyMedela application
- Low volume for quiet and discreet pumping
Then we have the Medela pump which is also a double electric breast pump and it is also one of the top choices of the ladies because of its advanced features. You will be surprised to see its cool settings. We highly recommend this breast pump for working moms because it comes with its own tote bag in which you can keep everything secure and use when needed.
Item Weight: 6.79 pounds
- 2-phase expression technology: This technology is great for producing more milk in less time while ensuring the comfort of the mom. This is why we highly recommend it for working moms.
- Batteries: It comes with batteries with which you can pump anywhere and anytime.
- Speed adjustments: The moms can adjust the settings according to their needs.
- Cooler bag: It also comes with a removable cooler bag that can hold four milk bottles.
The first breast pump for working moms that we have on our list is the bellababy double electric breast-feeding pump. A lot of the working moms and stay at home moms have praised this fantastic breastfeeding pump because of ease to use and the convenience that it provides. The most amazing thing about this breast pump is that the best breast pump for working moms is portable and travel friendly. Even if you carry it to work every day, you will not really have trouble. Also, it works quite comfortably without causing any pain or discomfort. If you have been on a look for an easy to use breast pump which is easy to travel with, as well then you surely need to give this one a try.
Item Weight: 0.16 ounces
- 2 storage bag adapters: It comes with 2 storage bag adapters for the ease of the mom.
- Settings: This breast pump has 4 modes and 9 levels of suction.
- Battery: It comes with a built-in battery that allows the use outside.
- USB rechargeable: The breast pump comes with built-battery which is easily rechargeable.
In the fourth place, we have another Medela breast pump but it is specifically great for all those moms who desire a single electric breast pump. The best breast pump for working moms comes with all the accessories that will be needed for you to have a comfortable breast pumping experience and you can have enough supply of milk for your baby. Since it is compact and portable, it is great for working moms because they will be able to carry it in their office bag.
Item Weight: 2 pounds
- Multiple power supply options: It comes with an AC adapter but can also work on batteries.
- 2-phase expression technology: It makes sure that the more milk is pumped in less time.
- Easy to use controls: Without any trouble, you can use the controls.
The next breast pump that we have on our list is Lansinoh. This breast pump is also one of the bests because of its portability. Since it is hygienic, your child remains protected from all kinds of bacteria and other harmful materials. It also comes in a tote bag so the working moms can easily carry the best breast pump for working moms without worrying about losing different pieces.
Item Weight: 2 pounds
- LCD display: The LCD display is easy to read and keeps you updated.
- Exclusive ComfortFit: The comfort fit ensures a comfortable suction without any pain.
- Dishwasher safe: The expression set is dishwasher safe you will not have to worry about the cleaning.
- Closed system: Since it is a closed system, it keeps the milk protected from harmful bacteria.
If you have been in search of an affordable breast pump and don’t want to spend hefty amounts of money then you should definitely try this breast pump by KidsTime, the best breast pump for working moms is a double electric breast pump which has a less price but also works amazingly.
Item Weight: 1.59 pounds
- Setting modes: This breast pump comes with 18 different modes which you can adjust according to your need.
- Low noise: You may experience that quite a few breast pumps are very loud but this will be great for your workplace because it has low noise.
- Massage cushion: The cool massage cushion stimulates the milk flow and ends up pumping more milk in less time.
Want another affordable breast pump?
If yes, then you have stopped at the right place because in the seventh-place we have the KidsTime breast pump which allows you to pump while keeping your hands-free. How cool is that right? During your lunch break at work or while any other time, you can pump while having a quick look at your Instagram or you can even view your mails. What’s better than getting a chance to call home while your breast pump with your hands-free?
Item Weight: 1.05 pounds
- Safe materials: The breast pump is manufactured with safe materials.
- Massage cushions: The massage cushions have the ability to stimulate the milk flow.
Medela has been known to produce high quality and amazingly functional breast pumps which is why we have another one for you all of which is the Medela Freestyle breast pump. The best breast pump for working moms is a double electric breast pump which is great for everyday use. It will make sure that the milk is pumped without causing you discomfort and it can also be carried to work easily.
Item Weight: 5.25 pounds
- Battery: It comes with a lithium-ion rechargeable battery so you can use it anywhere you like.
- Digital display and timer: The digital display keeps you updated and you can adjust the timer according to your need.
For working moms, the breast pump has to be carried to work every day so that they can pump to have a supply of milk. This breast pump is highly recommended for working moms because it has a very quiet operation. So, when you are pumping, people around you will not get annoyed by the noise, if there are any.
Item Weight: 3.2 pounds
- Unique handle: This breast pump comes with a unique handle with which you can pump with just one hand.
- Breast shields: The breast shields ensure a strong and a comfortable fit.
- Settings: It comes with 8 different suction modes which can be adjusted according to the need.
- Tote bag: It comes with a convenient tote bag with which you can carry it easily.
Now if you are one of those moms who is specifically looking for a breast pump that is super portable and doesn’t come with a lot of pieces or accessories then this portable electric breast pump is definitely a great option for you. The best breast pump for working moms has an amazingly simple and quiet operation that will not wake up your child. For working moms, it is great because it is easy to clean and easy to carry.
Item Weight: 1.75 pounds
- Adjustable massage and pumping level: According to your need, you can adjust the massage and pumping levels.
- Easy to assemble: Some breast pumps are difficult to put together but you can assemble this breast pump easily.
- Safety high silicone material: This breast pump is made with high quality and safe material which ensures the health of your child.
On the number fourteen, we have a breast pump by Philips. Before we go into its details, it is important to note that this breast pump is expensive as compared to others. However, its quality is amazing and its functioning is amazing as well. If you are someone who is willing to invest a handsome amount of money then you should definitely check out this one.
Item Weight: 2 pounds
- Massage cushions: The massage cushions that come with this breast pump, improve the milk flow, and increase the production as well.
- Different operating modes: It comes with three different operating modes; you can adjust them accordingly.
- Closed system: This breast pump is a closed system which means that it keeps the milk protected.
This best breast pump is great for working moms because of its tremendous features. It has different levels of suction and can be adjusted according to the need and comfort of the mom. Also, it has the massage mode which stimulates milk production and improves the milk flow. While you are at the office, you will not have to spend hours pumping milk because this breast pump will help you in getting the job done fast.
Item Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Adjustable settings: The settings of this breast pump are adjustable and you can pick the desired suction mode.
- Low noise: Unlike many noisy breast pumps, this breast pump has low noise.
- Multiple power supply: This pump can be recharged and it also comes with a USB charging cable so you can use that as well.
If you have been looking for a portable yet single electric breast pump then you definitely need this one. You will be surprised at how comfortable the pumping process becomes because of this best breast pump for working moms. However, some people may not like the fact that it is pricey as compared to other breast pumps but if you want comfort, durability, and portability then it is a good investment.
Item weight: 1.68 pounds
- Comfortable position pumping: It allows you to pump in a comfortable position.
- Three suction speeds: It comes with three different suction speeds so you can choose the most suitable one.
- Massage cushions: The massage cushions stimulate milk production and the flow becomes better.
Then we have a breast pump the first years, it is also a great option for working moms because of the convenience that it provides. Since it is compact, the best breast pump for working moms is easy to pack, and the coolest things are that it has fewer parts that require cleaning. You will not have to waste time at the workplace cleaning the breast pump because it will be done in less time.
Item Weight: 3.52 ounces
- Tote bag: It comes with a tote bag in which you can easily carry all the parts of the breast pump.
- Suction level settings: It has eight different suction levels and you can pick the desired level according to your need.
- Easy to assemble: This breast pump doesn’t have any complex assembly; you can put the pieces together quite easily.
In 18th place, we have another electric breast pump which will end up being greatly beneficial for working moms as it will help them easily at the workplace. Without any discomfort, breast milk can be pumped with this breast pump which is why we highly recommend the best breast pump for working moms.
Item weight: 12.3 ounces
- Massage cushions: It comes with massage cushions which are very soft and also have the ability to improve the milk flow for better suction.
- Adjustable settings: It comes with different levels of suctions and also has different modes that can be adjusted according to personal preference.
- Easy to assemble and clean: You will not have to spend a lot of time cleaning or trying to assemble this breast pump.
A lot of the moms appreciate this breast pump because of its effectiveness and how comfortably and easily it gets the job done. Some breast pumps cause discomfort to the moms which is why they eventually switch to other breast pumps and some even stop pumping. This best breast pump for working moms is great for work and even if you are traveling somewhere out of the city with your child, you may find it very handy.
Item weight: 14.4 ounces
- Adjustable settings: This breast pump allows you to adjust the settings or the modes according to your personal preference.
- Quiet operation: It is not noisy, you can easily use it wherever you like, without the fear of it being too noisy.
20.Best lightweight breast pump: Philips Avent Double Electric Breast Pump + Bonus Power Cushion, SCF334/22
Even though the breast pumps that are manufactured or produced by Philips are expensive as compared to other breast pumps available, they are great at their job. Spending your money on this breast pump will be a great investment because you will be able to pump milk supply for your baby even when you are at work without any discomfort or pain. The best breast pump for working moms is lightweight and easy to set up, so, no more carrying heavyweights to the office and spending so much time on pumping. Looking for a high-performance breast pump? Well, we highly recommend this one to you.
Item Weight: 3.27 pounds
- Massage cushions: It comes with soft massage cushions that improve the flow without causing any pain.
- Settings: You can adjust the settings of the breast pump according to your need.
- Easy to use: This breast pump is quite easy to use; you will not have to go through the hassle of complex assembly or wasting time adjusting the settings.
Next, we have another breast pump by Lansinoh. The coolest thing about this breast pump is that it has Bluetooth connectivity so you can connect with the app and track the breastfeeding sessions. It has other features as well which you can check out after installing the app. Unlike many breast pumps, this one is versatile, you can pump at the desired settings and you will not have any discomfort when doing so. Although it is expensive, we highly recommend it.
Item Weight: 2 pounds
- LCD display: It comes with an LCD display that has great readability and also keeps you updated.
- 2-phase technology: This technology makes sure that more milk is pumped in less time, due to this, it becomes a great breast pump for working moms.
- Closed system: It is a hygienic closed system that keeps the milk safe.
The 22nd breast pump on our list is available in two adorable colors, you can pick the one that you like the most. We recommend this breast pump to working moms because it doesn’t have a lot of accessories so you can carry it easily and also, it has an affordable price which is a great benefit.
Item Weight: 1.15 pounds
- Safe material: This breast pump is manufactured with safe materials which is why it keeps the milk safe as well.
- Convenient design: The design of this breast pump is also very convenient; it is simple and you will not have any struggle using it in the office.
The breast pump makes it to the 23rd place on our list because it is extremely useful for working moms. It is portable and it is also very convenient to use. Due to its small size, moms can even carry it in their bag without any trouble. It is available in a very cute pink color and the best breast pump for working moms is manufactured with safe materials that will ensure the health of the baby.
Item Weight: 1.06 pounds
- Three modes: This breast pump has three different modes so you can choose the most suitable one.
- Quiet operation: Unlike many other breast pumps, this one has a quiet operation.
- Closed system: Since it is a closed system, it keeps the milk safe.
The Zome Double Electric Breast Pump is designed and manufactured with precision and care to give you the ultimate support needed to embrace parenthood positively.
With this breast pump, you can express your milk easily and comfortably almost anywhere you want. This pump mimics the baby’s natural sucking mechanism and comes with 9 different levels for you to select the most comfortable one.
The makers have incorporated state-of-the-art technology with several advanced and handy features to make this pump effortless and easy to use. Among such features, the most noticeable one is its LCD see screen. This best breast pump for working moms makes no noise while pumping milk so you can pump without anyone noticing it.
A super-soft cushion is present on the pump to give you a natural feel. This massage cushion can effectively trigger the flow of milk so you can keep working and fulfilling your responsibilities while expressing. With its anti-backflow system, it can prevent milk from flowing in backward direction or get clogged in the tubes to maintain proper hygiene. Another great thing about this pump is that it uses multiple types of charging. You can use batteries, USB connection, or an AC adapter and simply charge your device anywhere.
Features at a Glance
- Portable double breast pump
- Quiet operation and bright LCD screen
- Anti-back flow system and a massage cushion
- Multifunctional charging option
Yunbaby is a trusted and reliable partner of breastfeeding moms and experts in more than 10 countries. Their S6 Portable Breast Pump is a day-to-day use, all-in-one breast pump designed especially for outdoor use and family trips.
The massage cushions have a soft, velvety texture to them, so feel comfortable and warm against your skin and help facilitate milk flow. The massage cushion, with its massaging petals, is made to mimic the natural sucking action of your baby. The manufacturers have built this breast pump with 100% BPA-free, medical grade materials. The inner valve of the pump features an anti-backflow design to keep breastmilk fresh and free from any infection.
The best breast pump for working moms is compatible with other brands as well, so you can express your milk directly into other brand’s wide mouth bottles or pump into the given bottles and feed with other brand’s nipples.
The Yunbaby S6 Portable Breast Pump works below 50 decibels, which means that it is pretty quiet, and you can collect your breastmilk without disturbing other people around you. The LCD screen, adjustable voice guide, built-in 1800 mAh battery, and 1.5 hours working time capacity are some of the other features that make this product a must-have for new working mothers.
Features at a Glance
- No connecting tubes and an integrated rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 3 modes and 9 suction levels
- Comes with a USB cable for convenient charging
- Medical-grade material and anti-backflow design
Medela Harmony Breast Pump is a single, manual pumping device manufactured for routine time away from the baby.
This product is among lactation consultants and the physician’s most highly recommended product in the market. Its lightweight, small, and portable design makes it easy to move around discreetly when you are not with your baby for a few hours. It is designed and crafted to give convenient and easy breast pumping at home, office, or anywhere you travel.
The breast pump comes almost fully assembled, and all you have to do is to give it the initial sterilizing boil before using it. The pump consists of 8 pieces in total i.e., breast shield, handle, collection bottle, valve, pump body, membrane, and a diaphragm with O-ring. All the parts fit together perfectly, and the assembling instructions are easy and clear to follow.
The 24mm breast shield that comes along the pump is a good size for almost every woman and fits comfortably against their breasts. If you feel like the shield size is not fitting you comfortably, Medela offers other sizes as well, so you can find the one that best suits your body.
It is tested with two-phase expression technology, so mimic the stimulation and phases of breastfeeding. Unlike electric breast pumps, Medela Harmony Breast Pump does not produce a lot of noise, and a room fan set on low power is enough to draw out the whisper-like sound of this pump.
Features at a Glance
- Soft-touch, ergonomic swivel handle for more comfort
- The manually controlled vacuum allows you to adjust the suction for efficient milk flow
- Two-phase expression technology
- Compatible with a full range of Medela products
Avent is one of the most leading brands in the field of mother and childcare. Their Philips Avent Breast SCF330/30 Pump is a great option for moms who are always on the go. The creators have manufactured this breast pump while keeping comfort in mind. Now you can sit back comfortably without leaning forward and let its soft massage cushion work its way towards stimulation of breastmilk.
The massage cushion has a soft, smooth texture that gives a warm feeling to your skin and aid in the gentle production of the milk. Its iconic petal cushions are designed to imitate a baby’s sucking intended to enhance the letdown.
This best breast pump for working moms is very small and lightweight, which means it is easy to store and transport and makes milk expressing more discreet. The entire pump only has few parts which are intuitive to assemble and easy to maintain. The breast-shaped nipple is wide, so you can easily combine breast and bottle feeding. The feel and shape of the nipple mimic the breast to make the transition process easy.
Features at a Glance
- The unique design helps with comfortable pumping position
- A soft and textured massage cushion
- Compatible with other Avent products
- Wide, breast-shaped nipple
The all-new Yunbaby S19 Portable Breastfeeding Pump is a multifunctional product that encourages a hassle-free and sustainable breastfeeding routine, thus allowing mothers to carry on feeding their babies breastmilk for as long as they like.
It comes with 5 modes and 9 levels of suction modes i.e., Stimulate (to mimic the rhythm of baby’s suction and to stimulate the mother’s breast), Massage (to prevent engorgement), Frequency (for quick and fast suction), Express (excellent suction mode), and Intelligent (for fast and scientific breastfeeding). The breast pump is built with 100% food-grade, BPA-free materials. The interior valve consists of an anti-backflow design that keeps your breastmilk fresh and pure.
The soft massage cushion and the pump’s compatibility with other brands make it a highly recommended product among its competitors. With this device, you can use a converter to either link the pump with the given storage bags or to join the nipple to the bottle directly.
The Yunbaby S19 Portable Breastfeeding Pump is not just a simple breast pump; rather, it can be used as a music player and soft night light. It comes with a TF card so you can also download songs and stories for your baby to keep them entertained while you are away.
Features at a Glance
- 5 modes and 9 levels of suction
- Single and double pump capacity
- Petal design for a painless and comfortable pumping
- Anti-backflow design to protect milk from infection
Smibie is aimed towards enhancing the breastfeeding experience for baby and a mother, making sure that your little one gets the best nutrients in his diet every day.
This dual motor breast pump has no tube adapter (unlike traditional models), so you can connect each breast pump with its respective valve and motor. The suction here is much more stable, thanks to the bilateral pumping mode, you can now benefit from maximum suction that is twice than a single motor breast pump.
There are 18 levels of sub-division suctions and 4 modes that can be used to achieve maximum pumping volume at maximum relaxation. With its double rhythm technology, this pump can give you alternate breast pumping of 98 times per minute, which is much more comfortable than bilateral simultaneous breast pumping.
The soothing suction stimulates small nerves in the nipple and causes hormones to release in the bloodstream. These hormones help the breast to start the letdown of the milk. The fully wrapped areola is made from a smooth and skin-friendly silicone rubber that is comfortable to touch. The areola relaxes your breast and stimulates lactation through different massage nodes. The breast pump is easy to clean; every part can be put in boiling water for disinfection.
Features at a Glance
- 330mm Hg medical-grade, powerful suction
- Soft massage silicone pad aids in pain-free suction
- 4 modes and 18 levels of suction
- Anti-backflow design to prevent the milk from backing up into the tubing
- Simple noise reduction technology
- PPSU wide-mouthed bottle
Factors To Consider buying Best Breast Pump
There are various products available in the market featuring different attributes so buying a reasonable breast pump that fits all your needs is not as easy as it sounds. Every mother has a distinctive need and every available product may not be suitable for you so there are so many considerations you should ponder over while buying the one for your loved one.
Durability is the most important factor you look into a good breast pump. Make sure that you buy the one that has good quality and long life. Try to go for well-known brands because they ensure quality. If you are a frequent user and choose to buy the electric pumps then look for the one having a robust motor.
Comfort is actually the factor that forces you to buy a breast pump for your loved one. It is better to buy the one having a right flange fit. There are various sizes available in the market so you better buy the one that best fits your breast size. Make sure that the pumps may not increase engorgement and cause more abrasion to the breast. Hands-free breast pumps are wearable and provide great comfort so you can go and buy one if you don’t have a budget constraint.
How frequently do you use the pump?
If you have a sufficient milk supply and usually stay at home feeding your child, then manual breast pumps are suitable for you. However, if you are a working lady and do not usually have a lot of time then the electric pumps are a great source of milk extraction, swiftly. The double electric breast pumps add more value when you need to get the mil fast and simultaneously.
Ease of Use
You might want the one that is easier to set up and easy to use as you already have a lot of household chores to do along with feeding your baby. A breast pump that is easier to clean is also a priority. Some mamas get the manual pumps just because they are user-friendly.
Hygiene is the considerable factor especially when it comes to nursing your baby. Babies are extra-sensitive to germs and toxicity so you must buy a pump that has a closed system. The closed system pumps are those that have a blockade between a collection point and the motor that prevents the contamination of the motor.
The efficiency of the Pump
Efficiency is how much amount does the pump extracts from the breasts. So, if you are looking for an efficient one than the electric pumps are suitable that suck a great amount of milk very rapidly. However, you can consult other experienced mothers in order to decide the model that works better.
Every mother wants to buy the most efficient and functional pumping equipment that not only fulfills all her needs without being heavier in her pocket. However, there is a lot of options from a very affordable manual pumps to the finest premium price commercial-grade unit. Now, you will have to decide whether the price you pay provides you enough value for money or not.
What are the various kinds of breast pumps?
The market is flooded with a lot of types and this is one of the most important factors you must decide upon while buying the one for you.
Manual Breast Pumps
Manual breast pumps are relatively cheaper than the electric ones but provide full functionality so it is a good alternative if you don’t have to pump often. You just have to use both of the hands to extract the milk. They do not contain electric motor and you will have to squeeze the lever yourself in order to get the bottle filled. They are compact and easy to operate and do not even require extensive cleaning.
Electric Breast Pumps
Electric breast pumps are widely used by ladies all over the world because they provide great value for money at a reasonable price. They are equipped with an electrical motor that extracts milk from the breast quite conveniently. You just have to plug them in the wall or you can also buy the one that can be operated by a battery. Some of them are available with both options. They are available in two type’s i.e. Single electric breast pumps and double electric breast pumps. Double electric breast pumps can extract the milk from both breasts at the same time that saves your time.
Hands-free Breast Pumps
This is another type providing a lot of convenience to those mothers who have to commute frequently. Though they are quite costly but save you from the great hassle. These types of pumps can be concealed under the bra or shirt in order to extract milk. You can wear these pumps during normal routine working.
Hospital-grade Breast Pumps
Hospital-grade breast pumps are pricier of all types of breast pumps. They can be used by multiple users simultaneously and extract milk more rapidly than the other types. They are quite expensive therefore they are also available on rent by various suppliers and hospitals. If you choose to rent them, you will just need the equipment to attach like shields, tubes, and bottles, etc.
How Much Does The Breast Pump Cost?
The price of the breast pumps largely depends upon their quality and the type you decide to buy. If you are looking for the breast pump that is budget-friendly then the manual pump is suitable for you. They are available with full functionality and a cheaper price that is worth buying for.
Electric breast pumps are the most popular pumps among the mothers who exclusively breastfeed. They are ranging in between 100$ and 300$ depending upon the type. The double electric pumps are costlier than the single ones.
Hands-free models are a bit pricier because they provide a lot of ease and convenience while carrying out routine activities. The price ranges between 300$ and 500$.
The hospital-grade breast pumps are expensive of all because they have great utility and multiple users but they are usually not bought but rented to save the money.
What comes with your Pump: Accessories
There are various accessories that either come with the pump or you will have to buy them separately paying the additional cost. However, It is better to buy a model that comes with accessories like feeding bottles or containers, a sturdy bag, or an ice-pack.
We created a list of the top 29 best breast pumps for working moms so that all the working moms can have peace of mind when it comes to their child. We tried to mention all the pros and cons, and detailed descriptions of the products so that you can easily compare them.
When making your final decision, be sure to consider different features of the products. Also, make sure that you calculate your budget before you pick out the breast pump so that you don’t overspend. As you can see in our list that some of the breast pumps are very affordable while others are expensive. Keeping your budget and need in mind, you can pick out the one that you like the best. After all, it is all about your personal preference. We hope that this article will help you in finding the best breast pump. No more worrying about the milk supply, just pump whenever you can, whether you are at work or whether at home and have the peace of mind. Your baby’s nourishment stands first! Let’s pack the breast pump to work.
Breastfeeding is undoubtedly a very important part of your baby’s initial days, where the right breast pump can make a huge difference between satisfaction and disappointment. The best and the only way to know which pump is suitable for you is to understand how you are planning to use it in your routine.
Expensive models are usually more commanding and better for mothers who pump several times a day, so if you think you are one of them, the cost of the product is very well justified. However, if you only need to express milk occasionally, you can easily get away by spending less.
We hope that this guide was helpful to you in buying the best breast pump for working moms. If you have other recommendations, tips, tricks, or queries, feel free to let us know in the comment section below.